Sup Pop Records is currently searching for an organized and self-motivating Retail Store Manager for a new store at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, which will open in the Spring of 2014. Ideal candidates should have several years of experience running a retail store and should have knowledge of the Sub Pop catalog, Pacific Northwest music, the Seattle music community, and the city of Seattle. Interested? Know anyone?
Please pass it along. For a more detailed job description, please read on. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sub Pop Records is currently searching for an organized and self-motivated Retail Store Manager for a new store
at the Seattle -Tacoma International Airport, opening April 2014.
- Act as a liaison between the retail store operations, SeaTac Port personnel, and Sub Pop Headquarters.
- Ensure that retail store operations are aligned with SeaTac operation rules and compliant with strict TSA regulations and restrictions.
- Schedule employees, assign store responsibilities, monitor work results, and conduct performance
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, and correcting employees.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand industry and location trends.
- Ensure availability of merchandise by maintaining inventories of the retail store and overstock.
- Review merchandising activities; determine additional needed sales promotion; authorize pricing adjustments; study trends.
- Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal and operational requirements.
- Adapt marketing strategy by reviewing sales records by category.
- Report daily sales and make bank deposits.
- Contribute to the team retail effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Several years of experience running a retail store.
- Knowledge of the Sub Pop catalog, Pacific Northwest music, the Seattle music community, and the City of
- A friendly and enthusiastic disposition with customers and staff, and also the ability to effectively manage
- Strong and clear communication skills.
- A general understanding of retail Point of Sale systems and the ability to troubleshoot if necessary.
The Sub Pop Retail Store will have unusually long hours, generally 6am – 10pm, and will remain open 365 days a year.
Please send a resume to Mary Wood at email@example.com.